A catchy and well-defined stream title is absolutely necessary to break the clutter and stand out amongst other concurrent live streams.
Whether you are an avid gamer aspiring to be a live content creator or a well-established Twitch streamer, the title of your stream is an important factor that determines the number of new viewers you’ll be able to attract.
A good stream title can also add finesse to your stream, and make your Twitch streams look and feel more professional.
So, here’s a comprehensive Stream Title guide for streamers and mods for 2022, including information on how to change stream title on Twitch, on mobile, on Streamlabs, OBS Studio, as a streamer, or as a mod, and other top FAQs.
How to change stream title on Twitch?
Method 1: How to change stream title on Twitch using Stream Manager
The easiest way to change stream title on Twitch is through your Stream Manager on Twitch.
Here’s how you can change your stream title on Twitch using Stream Manager:
- First, log in to your Twitch account
- Next, click on your profile icon and click on Creator Dashboard
- When the Creator Dashboard page opens, go to Stream Manager
- While inside the Stream Manager, you need to click on “Edit Stream Info” which can be found on the right side of the screen
- Then a pop-up should appear with Edit Stream Info and in the section titled “Title” you can change the name of the stream to whatever you want it to be
- After you have changed the title to your desired one, click on the “Done” button in the bottom right of the pop-up window and your changes will be saved
Method 2: How to change stream title on Twitch using Chat view
Another way to configure your stream title and other details is to head to Chat view and edit these details with the pencil icon.
Here’s how you can use Chat view to change your stream title on Twitch:
- Log in to Twitch
- Click open your profile icon
- Select “Channel” from the dropdown
- Once you’re on your Channel, click on “Chat”
- Click on the pencil icon or Edit button
- A new pop-up with Broadcast Options will open up, where you can add your stream Title, Go live notification, etc., same as method 1
7. Click on Done, your changes should be saved
Top tips on how to change stream title on Twitch
Here are a few top tips on how to change stream title on Twitch:
- Using the Twitch mobile app, you can even add emotes to the stream title. It would make it look cool and stand out.
- The title of the stream would remain the same unless changed before the next stream. So make sure to change the Stream Title before every stream.
- Your stream title can only be 140 characters, so use your words wisely and carefully.
How to change stream title on Twitch as mod?
Are you a mod, being given the opportunity to manage a live stream, and wondering how to change stream title on Twitch as mod? You’ve come to the right place!
Before starting, just note, that to make any changes to the stream title, you need to have the “Editor” role. This basically implies you become a super-mod, who has the right to change even stream details.
Method 1: Change stream title on Twitch using mod view
To change stream title on Twitch using mod view, mods can then just follow the steps below:
How to change stream title on Twitch as mod using mod view:
- On the bottom left hand of the chat, you should be able to see a sword icon or the mod view. Click on the sword icon
- On the next page, you should see a pencil icon, called the Edit Stream Info, just beside the Game Title on the left-hand side. Click on the pencil icon
- Now the Broadcast Box will appear
- Once the Broadcast Box appears, you can type the new title for the stream and then click on Done
- Voila! You have successfully changed the stream title
Method 2: Change stream title on Twitch as mod using nightbot
Using Nightbot, it can be even more simple to change the stream title with a simple command, “!title”.
To use this method, you or the streamer should have set up Nightbot. If it’s not set up, you can visit the Nightbot website and follow the steps on the website. Also, make sure the title command is enabled from night bot commands.
How to change title on Twitch as mod nightbot:
- Open chat
- In chat section, type the following command:
!title <enter space> <new title>
- Press enter
- Bot will accordingly update the stream title
How to change stream title on Twitch as a mod on mobile?
If you’re a Twitch mod away from your PC at the moment, but your duty calls, don’t worry. You can use your mobile to connect to Twitch Desktop site and make changes to the stream title. Make sure you have the “Editor” role given by your streamer for making changes to the title.
- To login to Twitch, you’ll first need to open the Twitch website on your Google Chrome browser
- Look to the top right corner of the screen and you should be able to see three dots. Click on it and a drop-down list will appear
- From this list find the option called “Desktop site” and click on it. This will open the Twitch website in desktop view
- Now open up the Stream Chat and tap on the Sword icon or Mod View which is located on the left-hand bottom of the chat
- Once you’ve done that, now you need to click on the pencil icon, or Edit Stream Info, and the broadcast option box will show up
- Now that the Broadcast Option box is up, go right on and type the new title for the stream, and tap on Apply
How to change stream title on Streamlabs?
While changing the title through Twitch itself is more convenient and quick, you can also change the stream title on Streamlabs with the Update Stream Info Box.
- Open Streamlabs
- Head to Chat section
- Click on the Edit icon below the Live indicator. An Update Stream Info Box will appear
- The first field you can edit would be the Title. Type in the new title here
- You can also edit the Twitch Game and Twitch Tags here, which is recommended to edit based on the new Title
- When you’re done editing these details, click on Done and your stream title will be changed
How to change stream title on OBS Studio Twitch?
You can also use OBS Studio to change the stream title if you are using it as your broadcasting tool.
If you are not signed in to Twitch on OBS, you can follow the steps below to change the stream title:
- Open OBS application
- Open File menu, click on Settings
- Select Stream
- Choose the service as Twitch, and connect your Twitch account if not connected
- After connecting, save the changes and close the window
- New windows for Stream Information and Stream Chat should pop up. Proceed to change the stream title in the Stream Information window
If you are already signed in to Twitch on OBS, follow the steps below to change your stream title:
- Open OBS application
- Open Docks menu
- Select Stream Information from the drop-down menu
- From here, you can easily spot the title of your stream and then change it to your desired one
How to add title to Twitch stream as a first-time streamer?
When you open a new Twitch account for streaming, the first thing you need to get habituated to is setting a catchy title for your streams.
Here’s how you can add a title to your stream:
- First, log in to your Twitch account
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the Creator Dashboard page
- Once in the Creator Dashboard, click on Stream Manager
- In the Stream Manager, click on the pencil icon to Edit Stream Info
- Edit Steam Info will give you the access to edit all the information related to your live stream such as Title, Go Live Notification, Category, Tags, and Stream Language
- Click on the “Title” bar and type in the name of your live stream
Why is a stream title so important?
The title of the stream is a direct representation of the content you’re making. The sole purpose of a title is to explain what the stream is about. Thus, it is quite similar to writing an article or naming a YouTube video.
Here’s a couple of reasons why a stream title is so important:
- Your choice of a title can help attract new viewers to your channel who relate to your content
Most of the time an honest title, which explains exactly what you’ll be doing in the stream is a good idea. It will attract only those viewers who deliberately want to watch that particular content. This results in those viewers sticking around, becoming followers, or even subscribers!
- The stream title can increase relatability with your viewers
Many Twitch streamers also tend to make their stream titles funny and witty as those kinds of titles hold more entertainment value. Especially if you’re playing a game like the newly released Elden Ring, which is considered quite difficult and unforgiving, a funny title can help ease the anxiety and frustration of your viewers and help you bring out a more enjoyable stream.
Stream title is one of the most crucial pillars of any Twitch streamer’s streaming journey and adept use of words can help you grow faster. With the right stream title, you can not only let your followers and subscribers know the stream topic, you can even attract new viewers to your stream!
Fortunately, Twitch gives you the ability to make changes to the stream title yourself, or enlist the help of your Mods to do so.
Hope this guide helps you make changes to the stream title easily, and include this step in your stream go-live check list for the future.