The days of watching just one stream at a time are now a thing of the past. These days it’s all about watching multiple streams at once.
Multistreaming is really good for watching any online championship or watching different perspectives of streamers playing the same game.
In this article, we will look at some frequently asked questions about multistreaming and ways to multistream Twitch and YouTube to arrive at how to watch multiple streams at once.
How to watch multiple streams at once?
You can use third-party tools like MultiTwitch.tv, multistre.am, TwitchTheater, ViewSync, Youtube-multistream and Rare Drop Multi to watch multiple streams at once on Twitch and YouTube. Refer to the below table to find the option relevant to your needs.
|Multi Stream Twitch|
(Watch mutiple Twitch Streams)
|Muti Stream YouTube|
(Watch Multiple YouTube streams)
|Muti Stream Twitch and YouTube|
(Watch Twitch and YouTube at the same time)
|Multistre.am||ViewSync||Rare Drop Multi|
|Squad Stream||Lazy Goat|
Let’s look at these options one by one. We will start with Twitch, then YouTube, and also see if we can stream both Twitch and YouTube together at the same time.
Watch multiple Twitch streams together
Multi stream Twitch: How to watch multiple Twitch streams at once?
You can use many third-party websites, like MultiTwitch.tv or multistre.am, to watch multiple streams at once on Twitch. Below is how you can use each of these tools to multistream Twitch.
MultiTwitch.tv is a third-party tool that lets you watch unlimited Twitch streams at once. Yes, that’s right, unlimited! Of course, it is limited by the capacity of your PC. It will automatically change the layout based on the number of streams that you are watching and maintain the aspect ratio. This tool only works with Twitch for now.
Here’s how you can watch multiple Twitch streams on MutiTwitch.tv.
- Visit the website: https://www.multitwitch.tv/
- Click on the link on top of the screen and add /(the name of the streamer you want to watch) and it will launch a new tab with that screen.
- Now in order to watch more streams just add “/<the name of another streamer>” to the url and you would be able to see both of their streams at the same time!
- Continue these steps to watch more streams
Multistre.am can support up to 8 Twitch streams at once. It is one of the best alternatives to MultiTwitch, and works with only Twitch currently.
- Go to the website Multistre.am
- Add the name of the Twitch streamer you want to watch
- You can even change the layout of the streams to have a better viewing experience.
Here is what you will get to see when you land on the home page. You can fill in the fields to watch all your favorite streamers at once.
3. Squad Stream
Squad stream is an in-built Twitch functionality that allows your favorite Twitch streamers to stream together. You can watch up to 4 streamers on the same screen both on a desktop and on Twitch mobile.
Although, you cannot customize which Twitch streamers you can watch together. It’s the streamer’s prerogative and choice of whom to collaborate with.
Squad stream is only available to Twitch partners. He/ She can create a “squad” and select the streamers with whom they would like to stream together.
This is a fun way to watch your favorite streamer playing on a team. They can invite their teammates to the Squad stream for a single-screen experience.
How to watch Squad Stream on Twitch?
To view a squad stream in action, just type “squad stream” in the “Filter by Tag” section to see which streamers are streaming together.
In case the stream is not available, check for “Watch in Squad Mode” below the stream if the player is playing in squad mode.
Now after Twitch the most obvious next place to watch streams is YouTube. So let’s take a look at how to watch multiple YouTube streams at once!
Watch multiple YouTube streams together
YouTube Multistream: How to watch multiple YouTube streams at once?
You can use third-party tools and sites like YouTube-multistream, and ViewSync to watch multiple YouTube streams at once. All you need to do is visit these websites and paste the URL of your favorite streams from YouTube and watch them simultaneously.
Youtube-multistream.fr is a simple tool where you can add all the YouTube live stream URLs to view them together. It only supports YouTube at the moment.
Here’s how to watch multiple YouTube streams at once using Youtube-multistream.fr
- Visit the website: https://www.youtube-multistream.fr/
- When you enter the website you will land on the page below:
- Now just paste the link of the YouTube streams you want to watch together
- You can watch up to 4 YouTube streams together by pasting their URLs in the space provided
ViewSync allows you to watch any number of YouTube videos all at once. It was originally designed for watching Mindcrack UHC episodes but you can now use it to watch multiple YouTube videos at the same time.
Here is how you can use the ViewSync player to watch multiple YouTube streams.
- Go to the URL https://viewsync.net/
- The website would look something like below
- Click the + icon then paste the YouTube video or stream URL in the box
- It will then allow you to add another link, you can add as many as you want
- Click the Step 2 icon to test audio(Optional)
- Click “Step 3: ViewSync!” to generate the URL where all the videos would be combined
- Paste the generated URL in a new browser window to enjoy all your YouTube streams together
Now let us see how we can watch both Twitch and YouTube at the same time in a single window.
Watch Twitch Streams along with
YouTube streams together
Multi-Stream: Watch Twitch and YouTube together at the same time
There are some 3rd party tools like TwitchTheatre, Rare Drop Multi, and Lazy Goat where you can watch both Twitch and YouTube together. Some even allow other platforms like Facebook Live, Trovo, etc.
TwitchTheater is a great third-party tool to watch multiple Twitch and YouTube streams at once. It does not have any limits to the streams. Adding more screens though may be taxing on your CPU. The best part is, this tool works with both Twitch and YouTube.
Here is how you can watch multiple streams on TwitchTheater.
- Visit the website: https://twitchtheater.tv/
- Copy and paste the link for the streams you want to watch into the “Streams and videos” box, and it places them all on the same board for you.
2. Rare Drop Multi
With Rare Drop multi, you can watch 4 streams together and they are not restricted to just Twitch and YouTube, there are a lot of other platforms which you can combine including Facebook, Trovo, and others.
Here how you can watch Twitch and YouTube using Rare Drop Multi
- Go to the link https://multi.raredrop.co/
- This is how the homepage would look like
- Select the platform which you would like to combine together
- Paste the channel’s username into the box
- Click on Build a Multi to start watching these streams together
3. Lazy Goat
Lazy goat allows you to watch up to 20 streams together. You can watch streams from YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Trovo, and others.
There are also popular streamer collections where there are pre-defined slots. It also gives you the option to create your own collection and add streamers from various platform.
- Go to https://lazygoat.tv/multihome
- You will have the option to select any of the pre-defined collection
- In case you decide to create your own collection then, add the streamer’s channel name and select the platform.
- You can add multiple streamers together by adding a / .e.g. like “ninja/shroud/tifu” etc.
How to watch two Twitch streams at once on mobile?
In order to watch two or more Twitch streams on mobile, you can use Multitwitch.tv. MultiTwitch works on mobile devices too and follows the same procedure as the PC counterpart.
How to watch two Twitch streams at once –
- All you need to do is open your mobile browser
- Click on the link on top of the screen.
- Add “/<the name of the streamer you want to watch>” and it will launch a new tab with that screen.
MultiTwitch.tv is not an app but a website. There are currently no mobile apps that can let you multistream.
Does MultiTwitch count as a viewer?
No, MultiTwitch doesn’t count as a viewer currently. It used to be counted in the past, but due to people exploiting it to farm views Twitch decided to disable it. So now no third-party tool views are counted.
Third-party tool users also can’t use the respective apps for Twitch functionalities, like Bits, Subs, etc.
What are MultiTwitch alternatives?
Even though MultiTwitch is the best option to watch multiple streams, here are some alternatives.
- Rare Drop Multi
- Lazy Goat
Below is the summary of all the pros and cons of these options to let you decide which is the best option for you.
|1. MultiTwitch.tv||– Unlimited Twitch stream screens||– Only Twitch streams|
|2. Rare Drop Multi||– Watch Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and other platform streams simultaneously||– Limit of 4 streams|
|3. TwitchTheater.tv||– Watch both Twitch and YouTube stream simultaneously|
– Unlimited stream screens at once
|– Basic chat interface|
|4. MultiStre.am||– Easy interface|
– Good Chat features
|– Limit of 8 streams |
– Only Twitch streams
|5. Lazy Goat||– Watch Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and other platform streams simultaneously|
– Watch upto 20 streams together
|– Sometimes mixing platform do not work well|
Is MultiTwitch mobile available?
Yes, you can use your mobile browser to watch MultiTwitch. However, an app version is currently not available.
If you want to use MultiTwitch on mobile devices, here is how you can do it:
- Open the browser of your choice on your mobile
- Go to the multitwitch.tv website
- Click on the top link, modify it to add a forward slash like this: “/” at the end of the link
- Enter the name of the streamer you want to watch
- Continue adding forward slash and name of the streamer to add more screens